ORDERS TO THE SENTRY
1. Take charge of this post and all government property in view.
2. Walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
3. Report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
4. Repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.
5. Quit my post only when properly relieved.
6. Receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer Of the Deck, and Officers and Petty Officers of the watch only.
7. Talk to no one except in the line of duty.
8. Give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
9. Call the corporal of the guard or Officer Of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.
10.Salute all Officers and all colors and standards not cased.
11. Be especially watchful at night, and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority
I am a United States sailor, I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, and I will obey the orders of those who are appointed over me. I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and all of those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world. I proudly serve my country's Navy combat team with honor, courage, and commitment. I am commited to the excellence and the fair treatment of all.
- I am a Navy Junior ROTC Cadet.
- I strive to promote patriotism and become an informed and responsible citizen.
- I respect those in positions of authority.
- I support those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.
- I proudly embrace the Navy’s core values of honor, courage and commitment.
- I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.